My path to becoming a yoga teacher was full of obstacles.
Some were real; some were illusions.
There were so many occasions when I said, “I can NEVER do that”.
Would I ever be able to do all those hard and scary poses?
Would I ever be able to speak in front of a room of people and not be dull/boring/quiet?
Would I ever be able to teach safe classes that wouldn’t hurt people?
While some of these fears were unfounded (seriously, it doesn’t actually matter if you can handstand or not) I have dissolved and defeated many of these – and more – over time.
The magic key, whether in yoga or teaching, is PRACTICE… actually getting on with it and doing it, regularly.
This is a picture of me about to try kayaking… which was scary!
But I’m so glad I gave it a go last weekend, because doing the scary things eventually weakens the fears, and helps one develop skills and competence.
Now you can do that on your own. But you are far more likely to be successful with support.
Which is why I’ve taken all the lessons I’ve learned on and off the mat, and created what I feel is a super-supportive and structured pathway to becoming a Yoga Teacher.
The next chance to join the Inspiratrix Yoga Teacher training is September, with regular training most Tuesday nights plus 4 x four-day modules.
Our goal is that confident, authentic and inclusive yoga teachers are born in under 8 months (both in-person and online).
This course is:
- ACCREDITED: recognised by Yoga Alliance Professionals
- COVID-PROOF: this course will run, and you will be able to complete it, whether you are present in-person on Anglesey or online
- SUPPORTIVE: mentoring, feedback and encouragement from Claire, including personal tutorials
- GET THE KNOWLEDGE: with Yoga Philosophy specialist Craig Nadashakti Norris and Anatomy geek Adrian Kingsley-Hughes
In 2020 nine students graduated through this programme and are now teaching yoga in their communities:
- “Claire’s teaching really did give me the opportunity to find my own style of yoga and I never felt judged. Being encouraged to teach so soon in the course is what has given me the confidence I have now.”– Nia
- “The course itself was really well structured, each weekend was jam-packed full of information with sessions led by a range of experts. I would highly recommend this course to anyone!”– Lowri
- “After completing my 200-hour teacher training I can honestly say that Claire is professional, knowledgeable, patient, accessible and kind.”- Elaine
We take on a maximum of 12 people in this Yoga teacher training programme.
This is not an impersonal online course with hundreds of other participants, where no one cares if you pass or fail.
In this programme you get individual, personalised support from Claire, Adrian and Craig.
Registration is open now.
If this speaks to you, book in for your free, no-obligation chat.