Taking your first steps towards sharing your love of yoga with the world can feel scary, I get it.
But there’s a solution for every problem.
UNDER-CONFIDENT? Get on and do it! The more you teach, the more you’ll build your skill in teaching.
Whether that’s friends, family, work colleagues, classes for a local charity, in gyms, in your local village hall (this picture was taken in Holyhead)… or wherever you can create an opportunity to teach.
Preparing for your lessons helps too. And though there might always be some butterflies, your confidence will grow over time.
FEELING DEPLETED? Prioritising your own practice and self-care, and setting better boundaries to protect that, is key here. Sometimes you just have to say NO to work, family or social media, whatever is zapping your time and energy.
Your own yoga practice can be your most powerful medicine for yourself.
SCARED TO GET OUT THERE? The ever-exploding terrain of virtual yoga and endless proliferation of social media can be overwhelming. But keep putting it out there, whether that’s putting up a poster in Tesco, or posting online.
Marketing your classes (like yoga) is a practice, not a one-off thing.
These are areas we will address in the next Inspiratrix Yoga Teacher training.
We start in September, and it’s an 8 month programme that gives you the skills and certification to teach yoga, with regular training most Tuesday nights plus 4 x four-day modules.
Our goal is that confident, authentic and inclusive yoga teachers are born in under 8 months (both in-person and online).
This course is:
- ACCREDITED: this training is recognised by Yoga Alliance Professionals
- COVID-PROOF: this course will run, and you will be able to complete it, whether you are present in-person on Anglesey or online
- SUPPORTIVE: mentoring, feedback and encouragement from Claire, including personal tutorials
- GET THE KNOWLEDGE: with Yoga Philosophy specialist Craig Nadashakti Norris and Anatomy geek Adrian Kingsley-Hughes
In 2020 nine students graduated through this programme and are now teaching yoga in their communities:
- “Claire’s teaching really did give me the opportunity to find my own style of yoga and I never felt judged. Being encouraged to teach so soon in the course is what has given me the confidence I have now.” – Nia
- “The course itself was really well structured, each weekend was jam-packed full of information with sessions led by a range of experts. I would highly recommend this course to anyone!” – Lowri
- “After completing my 200-hour teacher training I can honestly say that Claire is professional, knowledgeable, patient, accessible and kind.” – Elaine
We take on a maximum of 12 people in this Yoga teacher training programme.
This is not an impersonal online course with hundreds of other participants, where no one cares if you pass or fail.
In this programme you get individual, personalised support from Claire, Adrian and Craig.
If this speaks to you, book in for your free, no-obligation chat.