Last year I created a Yoga Teacher training programme, and took 9 people who’d never taught yoga before to confidently delivering yoga classes – and enjoying it!
Now, not all teacher trainings are created equal.
You know that super-cheap YTT course that you see “Sponsored” Facebook adverts for? You would just get a bunch of recordings to watch, on your own, with no interaction.
The only assessment would be a few multiple choice questions and recording yourself teaching one class.
Unless you are highly self-motivated, that’s never going to build your confidence, get you crafting your own classes, and teach you to work with the many and varied people who show up to work with you.
And that celebrity yoga-teacher led course? That will likely have lots of people taking it, and it will be easy to get lost in the crowd.
The people that do my 200 hour Teacher Training course are people who feel drawn to teach yoga, who want more yoga to happen in and for their communities.
And who want support in becoming an excellent yoga teacher, from me, my co-tutors, and their peers.
It’s all about giving you the practical skills to confidently deliver classes that are safe, accessible and meet the needs of the people in the room.
This course is not for people who are only into doing advanced yoga, as we’ll be focusing a lot on what you would teach to beginner and improver level groups.
It’s also not suitable if you don’t already do yoga already, whether that’s attending classes or doing self-practice on your own.
My next Yoga Teacher training begins September 2021
- ACCREDITED: 200-hour training recognised by Yoga Alliance Professionals
- INTEGRATED: 8 month course with weekly sessions on Tuesday evenings and four intensive 4-day modules
- COVID-PROOF: this course will run, and you will be able to complete it, whether you are present in-person or online
- GET THE KNOWLEDGE: with Yoga Philosophy specialist Craig Nadashakti Norris and Anatomy geek Adrian Kingsley-Hughes
- GET THE PRACTICE: and develop teaching skills from day 1 of the course
- SUPPORTIVE: mentoring, feedback and encouragement from the course tutors including personal tutorials
What previous participants say:
- “Claire’s teaching really did give me the opportunity to find my own style of yoga and I never felt judged. Being encouraged to teach so soon in the course is what has given me the confidence I have now.” – Nia D
- “After completing my 200 hour teacher training I can honestly say that Claire is professional, knowledgeable, patient, accessible and kind.” – Elaine
- “Never before have I felt so connected. I have learnt so much and from such a holistic approach.” – Nia R
- “I can highly recommend the course. Claire is lovely, approachable, and so knowledgeable in so many areas.” – Mel
- “Thanks to Claire for passing on her skills, adapting the course to meet the demands of the changing situations and for keeping us all motivated.” – Denise
It’s awesome for me to see how my trainees from 2020 are going from strength to strength and getting out there, setting up classes and sharing their love of yoga, even in our crazy Corona-times.
More details on the programme are here: https://training.inspiratrix.co.uk/