THREE THINGS THAT DON’T MATTER ABOUT WHAT YOU WEAR TO YOGA CLASS… AND THREE THAT DO
- SHOES – Yoga is better without footwear
- LYCRA – Not needed. Tracksuits and pyjamas are totally fine. So long as you can move and stretch.
- FANCY BRANDS – Do you need Lululemon or Sweaty Betty? NOOOOOOO! If you want to buy leggings, TK MAXX often have a good selection.
- JEANS – It’s hard to get into some yoga poses if you’re wearing jeans, they are too restrictive.
- FLOPPY TOPS – You don’t want your cleavage appearing in Downward Facing Dog or your midriff emerging when you go upside down. T-shirts are totally fine, just tuck them in if they’re loose.
- SEE THROUGH LEGGINGS – Not all leggings are created equal. Check in a mirror first: some leggings show your underwear.
I’ve just been editing some yoga videos in my pyjamas.
Most are now in the Virtual Yoga Vault which is exclusively available to ‘All The Yogas’ subscribers and teacher trainees [message me if you need the password].
There are currently sixteen videos in The Vault, with one or two more added every week.
But I’ve also released a few yoga videos FOR FREE, like this one 🙂 It’s all about warming up and waking up in a good way. Wear what you like <3
If you enjoy it, please support me by subscribing to my Youtube channel, leaving likes and nice comments, and telling all your friends.
Here’s a few stretches and movements I find helpful to get warmed up in the morning. Expect stretches, an abdominal exercise or two and some slow sun salutations. 🙂
You will need: your yoga mat. If you have a blanket you can use that too.
Listen to your body’s needs: do this practice in a way that feels good to you and give yourself permission to modify anything that’s not appropriate for you. Suitable for beginners.
Not suitable for Pregnant people. With thanks to Forrest Yoga and Poppy Perinatal yoga.
To subscribe to my YouTube channel, go here.