It has been so precious to be able to practice yoga with other people again, in the fresh air, at some beautiful outdoor spots.
What’s different about COVID-TIMES YOGA
- Spreading out. We’re all observing 2m distancing.
- Masks. Most are wearing them to and from the class, though we take them off on the mat.
- No touching. We are still guiding you into a safe yoga practice, but with visual demos and verbal explanations. “Hands on assists” are gone.
- Zoom link up. If you see a strategically placed iPhone pointing at the teacher’s mat, it’s so people who are shielding or unable to attend in person can join in from afar.
What’s the same about the YOGA
- The intention. Every time you step on your mat you are making a choice to take time out and do something good for yourself.
- The movement. Same poses, same yoga: strengthening and stress relieving.
- The breath. As anyone who has had the Covid knows, getting your lungs to work well is supportive for your health.
- The journey. Yoga is a tool to help us meet the challenges of life. And in challenging times like these it is even more vital to reduce anxiety, improve sleep quality and feel less stressed.
That’s why Inspiratrix Yoga is hosting Outdoor Yoga sessions twice a week:
* In Newborough at Tacla Taid on Tuesdays 5.30pm-6.30pm with Elen
* In Holyhead Breakwater Park on Saturdays 10am-11am with Mel
But… if it’s raining or blowing a gale tomorrow, we’ll move you to the following week’s outdoor class plus we’ll send you a link to a virtual class on Zoom you can do instead at the same time.
You don’t want to miss out on your yoga!
Suitable for all except pregnant people. If you have any aches and pains, or injuries, please come 15 mins early to chat to your instructor before the start of the class.
We want you to have a safe and enjoyable experience.
We’ll be respecting 2m social distancing and we recommend wearing a mask to and from the class, but taking it off during the practice.
- Enjoy deep breaths of clean outdoor air
- Get strong and flexible
- Practice immersed in the sights and sounds of nature
- Reduce anxiety and beat stress
We’re watching the weather to see if the outdoor class tomorrow will run (Elen will definitely be doing a virtual session either way)! Spaces are limited by Covid rules, book your spot in advance here.