This teacher training is accredited as a 200 hour Yoga Teacher training Yoga Alliance Professionals.
Come and join a Taster Day to find out more on either 6th October or 10th November. Book here.
Your teachers will be:
- Claire Mace (Lead yoga trainer, Yoga Alliance Professionals Senior Teacher) is the main teacher for this course. She has practiced yoga since 1999 and taught classes since 2010. She has trained in Hatha yoga, Restorative yoga, Forrest yoga, Massage therapy and Shamanic healing and will bring elements of all these into this teacher training.
- Pip Waller (Medical Herbalist and Plant Spirit Medicine Healer) is the lead trainer for 20 hours of Anatomy and Physiology for Yoga. Pip is a Medical Herbalist, Plant Spirit Medicine Healer and the author of anatomy textbooks ‘Holistic Anatomy’ and ‘Deeply Holistic’.
- Craig Nadashakti Norris (Yoga Alliance Professionals Senior Teacher) will deliver 22 hours of training covering Assisting Techniques and an Introduction to Yoga Philosophy. Craig has studied numerous styles of meditation, yoga, chanting and has trained in various forms of yoga including Ashtanga, Sivananda, Iyengar, Satyananda, and Forrest.
Why do this course?
- Learn in a supportive and inclusive learning environment led by approachable and experienced instructor Claire Mace
- Experience 21 days of face to face training in 2020, consisting of 3 x 3-day long modules, and 3 x 4-day long modules
- Advance your own yoga practice with daily sessions to deepen and improve your asana, pranayama and meditation practice in an experiential way
- Daily sessions on teaching asana, pranayama and meditation in a fun and creative way
- Deepen into a recognition of the wisdom and wholeness of your – and other’s – bodies
- Hone your intuitive seeing and listening skills
- Learn the skills to safely teach yoga to beginners and improvers
- Improve your confidence to share your love of yoga and start teaching yoga classes
- Anatomy and Physiology training with Pip Waller
- Assisting and Yoga Philosophy with Craig Norris
- Open approach to all yoga backgrounds. Claire is trained in Hatha, Forrest and Restorative yoga. Craig is trained in Ashtanga, Sivananda, Iyengar, Satyananda, Forrest Yoga – plus Sanskrit and Vedic chanting. You as the trainee are encouraged to bring your existing background with, knowledge of and relationship to yoga into the room.
- Course sessions scheduled throughout the year, so you have a chance to practice and integrate your learning
- This course will give you the skills you need to teach safe, coherent classes that respect the students’ needs, as well as your own, allowing you to teach from a place of comfort and confidence
- Gain a 200-hour Yoga Alliance Professionals accredited Yoga Teacher training certificate, enabling you to work as a Yoga Teacher
When will the course happen?
- Course will run between January and November 2020.
- Subject to attendance and completing all homework on time, you should be able to complete by end of December 2020.
- Six 3-day or 4-day non-residential modules delivered in Llanfachraeth & Holyhead, Ynys Môn (Anglesey)
- PROVISIONAL SCHEDULE:
- Friday 24th January – Monday 27th January 2020
- Friday 6th March – Sunday 8th March 2020
- Friday 1st May – Monday 4th May 2020
- Friday July 10th – Sunday July 12th 2020
- Friday 18th September – Monday 21st September 2020
- Friday 13th – Sunday 15th November 2020
- Course timings:
- 10am-1pm Workshop-style Asana and Meditation class
- 2pm-6pm Teaching Practice
- 7pm-9pm Chanting/ philosophy/ process/ Sangha/ Restorative Yoga/ Meditation
- Breakdown of hours:
- 63 hours experiential exploration of Asana and Meditation
- 117 hours of Teaching Practice
- 10 hours of class observation/assisting plus reflection
- 10 hours of homework, creating class plans and exploring your personal interests and approach as a teacher
How many people will there be on the course?
- This course will run with a minimum of 6 students and a maximum of 12 students.
How much does it cost?
- £2,000 if paid in full before the course start date in January 2020 (of which £300 is due as a deposit on booking to secure your place)
- £2,300 if paid by installments (of which £300 is due as a deposit on booking to secure your place). We would discuss your payment plan in advance of registration.
- There are a limited number of bursaries available to locally based students who would not otherwise by able to attend. Please discuss this with Claire early if this would be helpful to you.
What will a typical day be like?
- 10am-1pm Experiential Asana, Pranayama and Meditation
- 2pm-6pm Teaching Theory and Practice
- 7pm-9pm Workshop exploring deeper aspects of personal process or teaching
How will training be delivered?
- Workshop-length experiential Asana, Pranayama and Meditation sessions leading you into feeling the teaching points of the day
- Lots of teaching practice in pairs, small groups and large groups
- Integration with modern anatomical thinking
- Recognition of the diversity of the modern yoga scene
- Learning to customise your practice to suit your needs, and to the individuality of your students
- Homework encouraging you to develop reflective practice
What is the syllabus?
Every day will include a workshop length (3 hour) experiential teaching session exploring asana, meditation, breath and the teaching points we’ll be exploring through the day.
There will be 180 hours of face to face tuition, delivered through six taught modules. There will be 20 hours of non-contact work, including some assisting or observing classes and homework. For a detailed breakdown of hours click here.
MODULE 1 – with Claire Mace and Pip Waller – 4 days/34.5 hours
Friday 24th January – Monday 27th January 2020
- Introduction to Teaching, Breath, Voice and Sequencing
- Anatomy & Physiology with Pip: bones, muscles, fascia and breath
MODULE 2 – with Claire Mace – 3 days/25.5 hours
Friday 6th March – Sunday 8th March 2020
- Sequencing masterclasses
- Introduction to Pranayama and Meditation
- More practice teaching
MODULE 3 – with Claire Mace and Pip Waller – 4 days/34.5 hours
Friday 1st May – Monday 4th May 2020
- Introduction to Multi-Level teaching
- Public class teaching
- Anatomy & Physiology with Pip: nervous system, organs and other body systems
MODULE 4 – with Claire Mace – 3 days/25.5 hours
Friday 10th July – Sunday 12th July 2020
- More on Sequencing, Multi-Level teaching
- Introduction to Pain and Injury management
- Public class teaching
- Personal project setup
MODULE 5 – with Claire Mace and Craig Nadashakti Norris – 4 days/34.5 hours
Friday 18th September – Monday 21st September 2020
- Assisting through voice, touch and demonstration
- Introduction to Yoga Philosophy
- Introduction to Yoga Nidra and Bhakti Yoga
MODULE 6 – with Claire Mace – 3 days/25.5 hours
Friday 13th November – Sunday 15th November 2020
- More on Multi-Level teaching
- Practicalities of Yoga Teaching
- Public class teaching
- Personal project delivery
What do I need to do before I start?
- Two years of yoga and/or meditation practice
- Informal on the phone or in-person chat to discuss if this training would be right for you.
- If you haven’t attended classes with Claire before, I would recommend attending a workshop or taster day to see if my style of teaching resonates
- A commitment to attending classes or exploring self-practice in the lead up to the course and through the course
Any other suggestions?
- Commit to a regular self-practice. Start exploring the question ‘what is my yoga?’
- After you’ve attended a yoga class or workshop, reflect on it. Ask yourself questions such as ‘how did I feel before, during and after the class? Can I remember, and perhaps even write down, the sequence? What worked (and didn’t work) for me about the teaching?’
- Explore Journaling
- Set up your work and family commitments so you will be able to attend all of the training days in full and have time to commit to your self-practice.
Come and join a Taster Day to find out more on either 14th July or 1st September. Book here.
Any books I could read?Awakening the Spine: Yoga for Health, Vitality and Energy by Vanda Scaraveli